Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Waterfall park

Since I didn't have class today, I went with my host mother to a big park, like a national or state park, which had trails, waterfalls, gardens, campgrounds, and some interesting looking playgrounds that we just saw in pictures on the map. We took a bunch of pictures, especially on the walk down a path to the waterfalls. There were tons of dragonflies and we also saw a Buddhist temple, salamanders, a bright yellow caterpillar, a frog, a couple butterflies, and a bright green grasshopper (or was it a cricket?). For lunch I had a really delicious vegetable "doria" (I'm not sure what that is exactly), which had rice on the bottom with cheese and vegetables on top.





When we got home, I took a nap and procrastinated working on homework until after supper. I did manage to get a good chunk of it done though and then visited more of my host mom's cram school students. They're usually all pretty shy about talking to me in English, but I don't blame them. Tonight though, there was one middle school kid who lives nearby who stayed for a minute after to ask me about what video games I liked. His English was surprisingly good and I found out it was because he played Call of Duty: Black Ops with Americans online. We're planning on hanging out and playing it together at some point, though I'm ashamed to say I've so far never played a Call of Duty game so we'll see how it goes.


I took enough pictures to deserve a whole new album, check it out.

1 comment:

  1. beautiful!
    and, I liked the post card in the other album - "don't worry. it's alright, alright"

    ReplyDelete